We are confident that we will give you a high quality service in all respects and that you will be fully satisfied with the service we give.
However, should you have any queries or concerns in relation to your file and the work being carried out, please take this up first with the person with conduct of your case. If that does not resolve the problem to your satisfaction or you would prefer not to speak to them please take it up with this firm’s client care partner, Andrea Egan on 0161 256 3915 or by post to our office.
We are obliged and will endeavour, to resolve any concern as quickly as possible to ensure that a satisfactory outcome is reached for all parties concerned. We do value you and would not wish to think you have any reason to be unhappy with us.
E & K Solicitors is committed to high quality legal advice and client care. We have a procedure in place which details how we handle complaints which is available from Andrea Egan at request.
Our complaints policy
E & K Solicitors is committed to providing a high quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards, Whenever possible, please raise any initial client care problems with the person acting on your matter to give them the opportunity of resolving matters with you. Often matters can be quickly resolved in this way.
Our complaints procedure
If you have a concern or a complaint, please contact us as soon as you are aware of the problem so this can be addressed by Andrea Egan.
What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within five days of our receiving the complaint, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our client care partner, Andrea Egan, who will review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
- Andrea Egan will then invite you to a meeting to discuss and, it is hoped, resolve your complaint. Andrea Egan will do this within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- Within three days of the meeting, Andrea Egan will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions she has agreed with you.
- If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, Andrea Egan will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including her suggestions for resolving the matter, within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again to explain why you remain unhappy with our response and we will review your comments. Depending on the matter we may at this stage arrange for another partner to review the decision.
- We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the Legal Ombudsman at PO Box 15870, Birmingham B30 9EB or call 0300 555 0333 about your complaint. Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within six months of your receiving a final written response from us regarding your complaint. The Legal Ombudsman has provided further guidance on its service at www.legalombudsman.org.uk.
If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why
Complaints in relation to bills
The complaints procedure above also applies to complaints arising concerning our bill. There may also be a right to object to the bill by applying to the court for an assessment of the bill under Part III of the Solicitors Act 1974; the Legal Ombudsman may not consider a complaint about a bill if you have applied to the court for assessment of that bill.